Doing it yourself? Here’s our rules to get that perfect tan.
- Always tan before bed. Give it time to kick in undisturbed by waistbands and bra straps.
- Smooth skin doesn’t streak. Prep with an exfoliator and keep your skin hydrated.
- Gradual lotions are safer. Build slowly to cover any slip-ups.
- Use a mitt. For even spreading and no chance of orange palms.
- Work upwards. Limb by limb in long strokes, constant motion is key.
- Use a separate face product. Something moisturising, as you can’t put skincare over tanner.
- Top up. Arms and legs need more colour than your face and shoulders. Slap on an instant formula for a bronze hot tonight then wash it off when you’re straight back in a woolly jumper tomorrow.
Article from Woman and Home February 2018